All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2018
Abstract Submission Deadline Extended
The IEEE GHTC is an international flagship conference on the application of technology to meet the needs of underserved populations around the world and in support of United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDG). GHTC 2018 will be held Oct. 18-21 in San Jose, CA.
GHTC strongly encourages submissions that utilize both applications of current technologies used in new ways and innovative technologies that address its goals. These submissions can include presentations, posters, workshops, panel discussions, and other formats which address the socio-cultural and socio-economical needs of vulnerable end user communities in both developed and developing countries. Submissions by public, private and end-user community representatives are very welcome.
Key focus areas for GHTC 2018 include (but are not limited to)
• Affordable & Clean Energy
• Agriculture & Food Security
• Clean Water & Sanitation
• Community engagement, Capacity-building, and Behavior Change
• Connectivity & Communication
• Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response & Recovery
• Humanitarian Challenges & Opportunities
• Technology Enhanced Quality Education Delivery
• Technology Enhanced Healthcare
• Technology and Applications for Poverty Alleviation
• Other United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
*New for 2018* – GHTC has now added Social Science & Entrepreneurship as new topics for papers, panels, and workshops, in the context of technology design, adoption, and dissemination.Sample questions and topics include the following:
• How do we work with communities to design new products and technologies?
• How do we measure behavior change and technology adoption?
• How do we empower entrepreneurs and create successful business models to deploy and scale-up new innovations in developing countries?
To propose a presentation, tutorial, workshop, case study and/or panel, please see http://bit.ly/2oJH2Rx
Submission Deadlines for Full Papers and Poster Papers:
* April 21, 2018 – Deadline for paper abstract (up to 500 words) submission
* June 02, 2018 – Deadline for full paper submission (4-8 pages)
* July 15, 2018 – Deadline for poster papers (up to 2 pages)
* August 30, 2018 - Submission of accepted final papers (full and poster) for inclusion in conference proceedings
GHTC is organized by IEEE Region 6 (Western United States) and the IEEE Santa Clara Valley Section with IEEE-USA, CES, EMBS, MTT, PES and SSIT technical co-sponsors.